Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access all my music after Migration?

New Mac... I used Migration Assistant to move all files, apps, etc. to new MacBook Pro from old iMac. In Music, about 80% of my songs are in the Library with a blue cloud/down-arrow icon so I can bring them down from the Cloud onto the new machine. The rest are grayed out with a dotted-line cloud icon and I can't do anything with these songs. How can I get access to every song in my Library on the new Mac? Any answers/ideas appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 6:26 AM

Hi,

Make sure that you have signed into iTunes Store and in preferences, make sure Sync Library has been checked.

Also Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 14, 2020 12:07 PM in response to Tkusterb

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for the way that I would approach this task, rather than relying on Migration Assistant. Alternatively if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to make sure that your content has all been successfully matched or uploaded on the old computer so that it is available in the cloud to the new one.

tt2

Aug 13, 2020 10:13 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thank you, Jim, for the good advice. I did each thing you suggested but I'm still not getting every song from my old list of songs in the "Music" app to show that it's available to download into the Library. Looks like maybe 5 - 10% of songs are still gray and showing only a dotted-line cloud icon. If I click on a grayed out song and then on the little "playing next" icon in the upper right, it opens and there's a red "negative" mark ("-") on the title as if to say, "You shall not play this song!" I guess I can go through the list and re-import them (most of the grayed out titles were imported from CDs). But so much of my music that did migrate also originated on old CDs. Hmm...

Why can't I access all my music after Migration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.