Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud with an exclamation mark

Recently i noticed that the icloud icon in my finder sidebar contains an exclamation mark - ! on it.

i wondered what does it mean, and what i need to do to change it?

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 11:43 AM

Hi yael214,

We understand you're seeing a notification on your iCloud icon. We'd be happy to assist.

If the iCloud icon is showing an exclamation mark, it typically indicates a connection or storage issue. We'd first recommend navigating to the iCloud settings page in System Preferences > your Apple ID at the top to see if there's a notification with more detail showing in there at all.

If there's no further information on what the notification is for, you'll next want to check your iCloud storage to make sure there is still available space. This article will help in determining your current used and available storage space: Manage your iCloud storage

If you've ruled out the storage, then there may be a connection issue with iCloud. To resolve that you're simply going to sign out of your Apple ID in System Preferences, then sign back in and check to see if there is still a notification on the iCloud icon.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 11:43 AM in response to yael214

Hi yael214,

We understand you're seeing a notification on your iCloud icon. We'd be happy to assist.

If the iCloud icon is showing an exclamation mark, it typically indicates a connection or storage issue. We'd first recommend navigating to the iCloud settings page in System Preferences > your Apple ID at the top to see if there's a notification with more detail showing in there at all.

If there's no further information on what the notification is for, you'll next want to check your iCloud storage to make sure there is still available space. This article will help in determining your current used and available storage space: Manage your iCloud storage

If you've ruled out the storage, then there may be a connection issue with iCloud. To resolve that you're simply going to sign out of your Apple ID in System Preferences, then sign back in and check to see if there is still a notification on the iCloud icon.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Icloud with an exclamation mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.