Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 376

icloud installed on win 10 (latest update) , at start of it there is an error (unable to create directory for icloud photos . restarting your computer might be resolve the issue error 376)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 6:49 AM

I get the same error after latest windows update

icloud installed on win 10 (latest update) , at start of it there is an error (unable to create directory for icloud photos . restarting your computer might be resolve the issue error 376)

updated outlook..icloud but still the same

31 replies

Sep 6, 2020 7:00 AM in response to MOhamedSaadTaha

Ok I have a solution that was causing this for me.

The culprit: OneDrive.

In the photo settings the second checkbox about sharing photos has a folder location. This happened to be (for me) a OneDrive folder that didn't exist. As OneDrive is pretty crap in general I decided to remove it completely in favour of other cloud drives.

You could also just choose a different location that is actually on your PC for the photo sharing folder.

Sep 21, 2020 6:29 PM in response to alicefromcollingwood

Actually, I found a different way to sort this issue. I'm running windows 10 and kept getting the error 376 directory error message. Weeks I've tried to find a solution.

I deleted the icloud App for windows 10 that I had downloaded from the windows shop.

I uploaded the original and genuine Icloud app from the Apple site for Windows 7 and 8. Ignore the option to download it from the Windows site.

( On Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can download iCloud for Windows on Apple's website. )

I got a download error warning from windows about the download, and I ignored it and downloaded it anyway. Then in the app - I unchecked the box within the photo options that says Icloud photo sharing - because it doesn't work with Onedrive. Hey presto!! I'm back up and syncing from my Iphone to my pc. I hope this may help others.

Dec 17, 2020 10:13 PM in response to MOhamedSaadTaha

for unable to create directory for icloud photos error 376

delete the icloud app

and the open icloud download for pc in any browser

then click on apples this site

Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

and download icloud not from microsoft store but from apple site by clicking on download iCloud for Windows on Apple's website

for chrome right click on it and open in a new tab this will start your download and the just run it

Feb 1, 2021 8:52 AM in response to MOhamedSaadTaha

error 376

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.