Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Correct list of composers in dropdown iTurns composer list: I accidentally entered my own name with two spaces

I. pulled some of my own music into iTunes, but when I was entering my name in the composer field for the first time, or at some point, I entered two spaces, so that my name shows up with two spaces. How do I correct this? For that matter, see how I've entered myself in lowercase as well? I'd like to eliminate those options... do I have to hunt them down throughout my iTunes library? Or is there a simpler way? Thank you.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 7:41 AM

Go to Songs which presents a columnar list view. If Composers is not one of the columns shown, then View > Show View Options and set the Composers checkbox. Now sort the songs by clicking the Composer header to find spelling/spacing variations.

In iTunes, multiple items can be edited at one time. Select the songs to edit by holding the shift key down and then right click and select Get Info to correct the Composer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Patrick Vickers

Go to Songs which presents a columnar list view. If Composers is not one of the columns shown, then View > Show View Options and set the Composers checkbox. Now sort the songs by clicking the Composer header to find spelling/spacing variations.

In iTunes, multiple items can be edited at one time. Select the songs to edit by holding the shift key down and then right click and select Get Info to correct the Composer.

Correct list of composers in dropdown iTurns composer list: I accidentally entered my own name with two spaces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.