Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes auto complete capitalisation

After I have imported music files into iTunes (sorry Apple Music for the PhD who thought that one up)

I often try to enter identifying information.

Music forces capitalisation. For example I wanted to enter "Cher" as soon as I enter the first letters Ch the auto suggestion comes up "CHER ft BEYONCE" I delete the last letters back to the C, try to enter "her" and it forces the auto suggestion in capitals. This is driving me crazy. Is there any way round this crass autocorrect?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 12:13 PM

Type in say XCher ft Beyoncé, then remove the X. Or copy and paste your preferred value from some other location. If you remove all existing instances of the wrong capitalisation, close, then reopen, you should no longer be offered the duff autocomplete value.

tt2

3 replies

iTunes auto complete capitalisation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.