Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Show Clipboard command in Catalina?

System clipboard fails to show up as dropdown under Edit in Catalina 10.15.6, at least for me.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Tom

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:23 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 13, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Tom Meade1

The Finder has a Show Clipboard item in its Edit menu, and it works just fine for me in Catalina 10.15.6. If you haven't put anything on the clipboard via a copy activity such as selected text, or a filename, you may be confronted with an empty clipboard view. Apple has configured this Finder Show Clipboard so that it automatically changes text and background color to fit the appearance mode.

Alternatively, you can list the clipboard contents with the following Terminal command:

osascript -e 'the clipboard as record' | xargs -n 2

Where is the Show Clipboard command in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.