Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID doesn’t match this order

Accidentally placed the order under "Guest order" instead of logging with my apple ID, but the email I provided is the exact same email as my apple ID.

• I did get the email confirmation, but when I'm at the "Order at a glance" page, I tried "Sign in with your Apple ID to make changes or to return or cancel an item" tab.
  • No matter how many times I tried, it'll say "Your Apple ID doesn’t match this order."

So I tried the different way:

• I log with my apple ID to see all of my previous order.
  • The new order is not showing on the order page, went ahead and go through the "Don't see your order? Find it now >" tab.
  • After entering the order number, phone number, and email address: it'll say "The order number entered is already linked to your Apple ID." (which it isn't after I double check again on a different browser).

I've contact Apple customer support several times (both online chat and on phone), but no one can fix this issue yet. I was fine with this until some issue came up later, and I end up needing to log in to update the info. I already tried erasing all history on Safari (and Google Chrome), then retry the process, but it still couldn't be fix.

Saw something posted the same thing in 2019, but it wasn't resolved. Did anyone actually got this issue resolve?

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:25 PM

I was able to fix the issue by going to this Apple help page and selecting ‘What is the current status of my order?’ (Link is https://www.apple.com/ie-business/shop/help/orderstatus) Inside that is blue hyperlinked ‘Order Status’ (I’d paste it here but it’s really long). After clicking on Order Status I was taken to a webpage and entered my order number and the email I used to make the purchase. Then I was asked for my phone number and to enter my Apple ID (Face ID) and that linked my ‘Guest’ purchase to my Apple ID. To verify I opened my Apple Store app and my order now shows up within so I can see its status. Hope this works for you guys!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 9:25 PM in response to mmdream13

I was able to fix the issue by going to this Apple help page and selecting ‘What is the current status of my order?’ (Link is https://www.apple.com/ie-business/shop/help/orderstatus) Inside that is blue hyperlinked ‘Order Status’ (I’d paste it here but it’s really long). After clicking on Order Status I was taken to a webpage and entered my order number and the email I used to make the purchase. Then I was asked for my phone number and to enter my Apple ID (Face ID) and that linked my ‘Guest’ purchase to my Apple ID. To verify I opened my Apple Store app and my order now shows up within so I can see its status. Hope this works for you guys!

Your Apple ID doesn’t match this order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.