Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting songs from apple music playlist

Dear Apple support, songs are added to playlist with a simple klick and choosing add to playlist. Removing the same song from the same playlist is a complete different process. With a simple klick on the song you can add the song to the library, to a new playlist, you can share the song, show lyrics, create a station, like the song or just letting Apple music know that you don't like the song, but no possibility to deleting the song from the playlist.

I cant believe that Apple haven't thought of this so what is the explanation. With the current process you get inside a Playlist, you Tap on "Edit", then select the songs you want to remove from the Playlist (minus sign). It sounds easy but if you have more than a couple of hundred songs which is the usual case and you are not even allowed to sort in alphabetical order the process becomes very complicated. When you listen to a song and realise that you don't like that song anymore you simply want to remove it from your list by a simple klick as easy as when you added the track.

Please explain why apple makes it so difficult. Is it because of increasing profit? Maybe the artist receives less money if the listener plays the song from a playlist? I don't know, I am just amazed that a such a simple feature is not there.

I am 44 years old and I have seen Motorola, Ericsson and Nokia almost disappear from the market due to negligence. I don't want the same thing to happen apple. I have all the products and my recent purchase was an Apple Watch and because of it I opened Apple music instead of Spotify since the latter do not exist on Apple watch. I have several friends that are equally upset about this removing song matter and they say that as soon as Spotify creates an app for the Apple watch they will change back.

Looking forward to your response and a possible solution to this simple matter.

Best

Alexander

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 3:16 AM

Dear Nicholas, thanks for much appreciated response. I do not believe several thousands of highly rewarded Apple ingeniers haven't thought of this improvement. Fairly simple to understand the need to simply add and to remove a track from your playlist. So it have to be another explanation to why Apple deliberately complicate this feature. If I post my question on the page you suggesting, we know that nothing will happen.

I might be wrong. Very much looking forward to your frank and honest response. From my side, and many with me, I will stop my subscription of Apple music after the three months gratuitous period if its close to impossible to delete a song from my playlist.

Best

Alexander

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 3:16 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Dear Nicholas, thanks for much appreciated response. I do not believe several thousands of highly rewarded Apple ingeniers haven't thought of this improvement. Fairly simple to understand the need to simply add and to remove a track from your playlist. So it have to be another explanation to why Apple deliberately complicate this feature. If I post my question on the page you suggesting, we know that nothing will happen.

I might be wrong. Very much looking forward to your frank and honest response. From my side, and many with me, I will stop my subscription of Apple music after the three months gratuitous period if its close to impossible to delete a song from my playlist.

Best

Alexander

Aug 14, 2020 5:46 PM in response to mazros

Hi mazros,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Apple Support Communities page. Apple is always looking for ways to improve products and software. Many changes and improvements come from user feedback like yours. We have a page dedicated to feedback and suggestions. This would be the best place for you to submit your ideas directly to our engineers. You can access our feedback site here: Product Feedback

Thanks again for taking time to share your ideas with the community. We hope you have a great day!

Deleting songs from apple music playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.