Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV 4 doesn't connect to the Internet (wi-fi or cable).

My Apple TV 4 doesn't connect to the Internet, cannot see any wi-fi and cable doesn't work either. At the current state, it is impossible to set it up.

All other devices work (MacBook, PC, iPhone, Android...).

What is there to do?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:06 PM

Please do the following in this order, yes even if other device seem to work okay.

• Restart or reset Modem
  • Restart or reset Router
  • Unplug Apple TV from power for 2-3 minutes, plug in and test.
3 replies

Aug 17, 2020 8:41 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for your answer. All of the above doesn't work.

The TV still tells me to go to Preferences and there it shows 'Ethernet' where everything is on 'Automatic'. There is no cable connected to the Apple TV.

I had the technical service from the modem provider come to my house and take a look at the Apple TV and they told me it seemed to be stuck and the problem's not the modem.

Two points are in favor of that. (i) all other devices work, and (ii) my Apple TV cannot see any wi-fi, not mine, not the printer's, not the neighbour's, nothing.

What can I do?

Thank you

Aug 20, 2020 4:46 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for your answer. All of the above doesn't work.

The TV still tells me to go to Preferences and there it shows 'Ethernet' where everything is on 'Automatic'. There is no cable connected to the Apple TV.

I had the technical assistance from the modem provider come to my house and take a look at the Apple TV and the modem, and they told me the Apple TV seemed to be stuck and the problem's not the modem.

Two points are in favor of that. (i) all other devices work, and (ii) my Apple TV cannot see any wi-fi, not mine, not the printer's, not the neighbour's, nothing.

What can I do?

Thank you

My Apple TV 4 doesn't connect to the Internet (wi-fi or cable).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.