You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iTunes on PC with new iPod Touch

I imported some CDs back into iTunes because they were not showing up. I used the AAC encoder for the import format but when I sync from my iTunes to the new iPod Touch I just received last month, I get an error message saying that a good number of the songs I just imported failed to sync because they are not in the right format. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Has anyone else had this problem? Know the solution? Thanks in advance!

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 4:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:23 AM

Thank you for the help. I did click on the + sign and was able to tell it was having a problem syncing what I'd just imported. I did end up trying to fix it by updating my iTunes via a download in the Microsoft app store, even though I had recently done the update via the iTunes prompt. Launching the download made me uninstall the current version on my computer and then it installed the new version and that seemed to correct the sync problem for the music I had just imported from CD. However, I am going to follow your suggestion to see what types are in my library as there were still a couple songs that did not sync. I've not seen the file type column before. I also have more CDs to import (many more!) as my library seems to have lost a lot of my CDs I imported several years ago, probably something strange I did in syncing the old, now dead, "antique" iPod. :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 6:23 AM in response to the fiend

Thank you for the help. I did click on the + sign and was able to tell it was having a problem syncing what I'd just imported. I did end up trying to fix it by updating my iTunes via a download in the Microsoft app store, even though I had recently done the update via the iTunes prompt. Launching the download made me uninstall the current version on my computer and then it installed the new version and that seemed to correct the sync problem for the music I had just imported from CD. However, I am going to follow your suggestion to see what types are in my library as there were still a couple songs that did not sync. I've not seen the file type column before. I also have more CDs to import (many more!) as my library seems to have lost a lot of my CDs I imported several years ago, probably something strange I did in syncing the old, now dead, "antique" iPod. :)

Aug 14, 2020 1:36 AM in response to stacadette

The message would have had a tiny + symbol in the box, which if clicked on, offers a list of some of the problem songs.

However, what you could do is use the Songs view in your Library, and show the Column Browser, and then add a column to the display that has the kind displayed:

That will group songs together by the file type (kind). Post back with the different types of "kind" and we can then hopefully work out what the issue is.

If you need assistance in setting up the view I've shown, please ask.

Syncing iTunes on PC with new iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.