Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage full

I keep getting notifications that my iPad storage is full. I saw a response to the same question from another user, and part of the response was a link to more information about storage, which contained this paragraph:

About cached files in "Other":

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again. Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

However, 19.79GB of my 32GB iPad storage space is taken up by Other, which seems extreme! Is there nothing I can do to minimize the amount of space this is taking up?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:35 AM

Hello Scarika,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that you want to clear 'Other' storage. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Scarika

Hello Scarika,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that you want to clear 'Other' storage. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Aug 15, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Scarika

This method is tried and true: Choose a backup location for your iPad and backup to either iCloud or iTunes on your home computer. Then follow the directions in this link to restore your iPad from backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

This will remove all the accumulated files and corrupt data which has overgrown your Other category.

iPad storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.