Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage other category to big

Hello, I have a 32gb g5 iPad with very few apps and downloads. In total, I have around 7gb of apps and downloads, as well as 6gb of iPadOS. The problem is that there is another category called other that takes up a massive 17+gb. I deleted a lot of I messages, emails, safari tabs and search history, and pictures, but nothing seems to decrease it’s overwhelming size. I can’t download anything because of this massive chunk of data that I can’t seem to get rid of. Any suggestions, or is this just an odd software bug that will hopefully be fixed with iPadOS 15?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 6:30 PM

Check this link...

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 5, 2021 10:10 AM in response to GhostFarmer

I have exactly the same issue on my sons iPad. Less than 6GB of apps and similar storage for system. There is 17GB in ‘other’. He is on 14.7.1. I am considering deleting all content and settings and recovering his account from iCloud. He doesn’t want me to do this as he feels he will lose all his Minecraft worlds. I have told him this won’t happen but he doesn’t believe me.

have deleted Safari cache, analytics and deleted historic messages etc. Also deleted a few apps which saved about a Gig.

Apple, why is this happening and why cannot these files be deleted? Is very easy to free up space in Windows……

iPad storage other category to big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.