Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums created on the iPhone XR are not syncing to photos app on mac

I have created a few albums on my iPhone. I sync regularly with the photos app on the mac but for some reason the albums I created on the phone are not synced onto the mac. I found a few things about syncing albums to the phone, but I need it the exact other way round. There is no syncing in Finder for photos, since I only import from the phone onto the computer. For iCloud I have only ticked the "Last 30 days" because I don't want all my photos in the cloud.

Any ideas?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:44 AM

For iCloud I have only ticked the "Last 30 days" because I don't want all my photos in the cloud.

Do you mean, do did not enable iCloud Photos on the iPhone, but My Photo Stream? My photo stream is only saving the last 30 days in iCloud. It is a different service of iCloud from iCloud Photos Library and does not count against your paid cloud storage subscription.

My Photo Stream is very limited. It will only transfer photos without the adjustments, not videos or Live Photos, and no albums.

If you want to sync the albums you create on your iPhone between your iPhone and and your Mac you need to use iCloud Photos and sync the full library between your devices.

Since you are importing the photos directly from the iPhone and are not using iCloud Photos, I would disable My Photos Stream completely. It will just create problems, when you sync the iPhone by connecting it to the computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 6:44 AM in response to orkomedix

For iCloud I have only ticked the "Last 30 days" because I don't want all my photos in the cloud.

Do you mean, do did not enable iCloud Photos on the iPhone, but My Photo Stream? My photo stream is only saving the last 30 days in iCloud. It is a different service of iCloud from iCloud Photos Library and does not count against your paid cloud storage subscription.

My Photo Stream is very limited. It will only transfer photos without the adjustments, not videos or Live Photos, and no albums.

If you want to sync the albums you create on your iPhone between your iPhone and and your Mac you need to use iCloud Photos and sync the full library between your devices.

Since you are importing the photos directly from the iPhone and are not using iCloud Photos, I would disable My Photos Stream completely. It will just create problems, when you sync the iPhone by connecting it to the computer.

Photo albums created on the iPhone XR are not syncing to photos app on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.