Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BACKUP/MacBook Air.backupbundle” could not be accessed (error 45).

I am backing up a iMac and a MacBook Air, booth on WIFI to a hard connected Raspberry Pi 4 as a NAS with a 6T Drive on USB on same router. Access to the Pi is alway available but both iOS will often need to reconnect even though they have "reconnect on login or boot". Some backups work others get this error seemingly random. Often unmounting network connection and reestablishing connection allows a backup to work. Then sometimes next one fails.

This happened before installing Catalina but seems much worse now. Drive is FSTYPE is ext4 and size 5.5T.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:19 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 22, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Barney-15E

There are many other processes using that 6T drive on the Raspberry Pi. So butting it back on the iMac would defeat using a NAS. The problem seems to indicate MacOS just doesn't know how to keep the connection open to the server. When I get the notice that the backup failed I often find the server showing in finder but randomly can not get to subfolders with out remounting it. With remount everything is fine till MacOS "looses" the connection again. No other device on the network has a issue with not connecting to the server. Would a cron job pinging it every hour help? Just don't want that extra traffic if I can help it.

BACKUP/MacBook Air.backupbundle” could not be accessed (error 45).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.