Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son can’t sign into Apple ID

I bought my son an iPhone SE and he is trying to put his Apple ID on it. It’s asking for a two step authentication but the phone number on the account is not active. He know his ID AND password how can I change the phone number on or authenticate another way.

TIA

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 9:57 AM

2 Step Verification or 2 Factor Authentication? See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

Then have him sign into his account. He needs to change/add the number on his Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage      

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 9:57 AM in response to Murcapro

2 Step Verification or 2 Factor Authentication? See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

Then have him sign into his account. He needs to change/add the number on his Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage      

Son can’t sign into Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.