Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud emails instantly disappeared

In the past few days, at least 2 emails I received on my iCloud account, disappeared as soon as I opened them. The sequence was the same in both cases:

1. A push notification appeared on my iPhone lock screen — but no email was received on the Mac (I even tried to manually fetch it on the Mac with no luck, so it means it was already gone from the iCloud server)
  2. I tapped on the notification, the new email opened and the content was loaded
  3. After 2-3 seconds the Email disappeared as I was reading it. It's not in the Trash or Junk folder. Same on Mac and iPad, not even on iCloud.com.

One email was a pretty important one from my bank, pretty frustrating 😕

I've just tried to rebuild the mailbox on the Mac and I set the trashed and junk emails to never be deleted. Not sure if it'll help.

Have anyone experienced the same issue and was able to solve it? I saw that there are threads about this from years ago but with no real answer.

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 9:40 AM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2020 4:33 PM in response to zinacef

Yeah I’ve been using my iCloud account for 10 years and this is the first time I’m experiencing this. I’m not sure “where” it happens honestly, but both times I got the notification on my iPhone’s lock screen, but no email at all on the Mac. I even went to iCloud.com and the email was already gone, even before I tapped on the notification on the iPhone – and it makes sense, because as soon as I tapped on the notification and opened the email on the iPhone, the message opened for 2-3 seconds and then closed by itself, clearly because it was already gone from the server.

Aug 21, 2020 8:24 AM in response to ilmagodiloz

It seems like the issue is Apple Mail on macOS Catalina (I'm on 10.15.6).

A daily email that I receive every day from USPS has constantly disappeared every single day for the past week. I receive it at around 7am every day. I see the iOS notification, but no notification on the Mac Apple Mail app, and as soon as I open it on iOS, it closes and disappears after 3 seconds. It's not in the Trash or SPAM.

Now that I've stopped using Apple Mail and started using Spark instead, I received that email today, and for the first time in more than a week it didn't disappear.

From what I can see, Apple Mail on macOS Catalina is the problem. Not sure why, I don't have settings against SPAM and I had remove the option to automatically delete emails after a certain amount of time.

I like Apple Mail, but now I'll wait until macOS Big Sur to see if the problem has been solved. Maybe my findings can be helpful to somebody else.

iCloud emails instantly disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.