Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" taking up 75% of iPhone 7 Storage

Hello, I have a 32GB iPhone 7 with iOS 13.5. My phone's storage is completely used up, and based off of the storage chart it looks like the "Other" category is taking up close to three quarters of it. I've gotten rid of almost all apps and I read up on how to reduce the Other category, but nothing seems to be working. I don't use the mail app (I use the gmail app), I deleted all web history from Safari, deleted attachments from messages, downloaded clean-up apps (they only clear up about .5GB), and deleting old conversations would only open up about 1 GB. Every time I delete an app to free up some storage it fills up again within a couple hours, so it seems like the Other category keeps expanding. My phone's been rendered pretty useless by the lack of space; most apps crash as soon as I open them, messages don't send/receive, etc. Is there anything else I can do to free up some storage from the Other category?

Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 2:05 PM

Is your device really an iPhone 7 on iOS 11? If so, then yeah I guess proceed with DejaThorn's suggestion.

If you actually have iOS 13, then go here Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 14, 2020 1:52 PM in response to SteelFox96

This seems to be a software issue and you will need to backup to the iCloud then restore the device using iTunes. ⚠️ Warning : Do not restore the backup to the device because the same issue will occur. Restore to factory settings then login with Apple ID. Once you get to the page where it askes for apps and data choose don’t transfer apps and data. Good luck! These issues are pretty common with the 32GB phones because the space is so limited.

"Other" taking up 75% of iPhone 7 Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.