Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ongoing trouble with "Other" Storage

I have an iphone 6s that's using the latest iOS. Over the last few weeks I've been getting messages that my storage is full. Upon looking into the details, I've noticed that "Other" storage was high at around 15 GB. Since we can't see the "Other" details, nor can we delete items from this mysterious part of our phones, I started deleting apps, photos, videos all podcasts, even the apple podcast app, and text messages. I successfully freed up more than 8 GB of space and thought things were OK.

Well, over the last few weeks "Other" storage has continued to climb. It's now at 26 GB. I'm looking for a detailed, transparent answer as to why. After hours on the phone with apple support, I'm being told to back up my phone (for some reason it's not backing up to the cloud so I'm stuck), and that if I reset to factory settings all will be ok. Frankly, this isn't a sufficient response.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 9:48 AM

This is just an iPhone user forum, people just like yourself that donate their time to help others with technical issues. You will not get a detailed or 'transparent' answer why this is happening from us (because we don't know).

We can just help you try to get this storage back, and the backup/reset/restore procedure is what we would likely wind up telling you to do.

If you are unable to back up to iCloud, you could try backing up to a computer.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 9:48 AM in response to applestorageproblems

This is just an iPhone user forum, people just like yourself that donate their time to help others with technical issues. You will not get a detailed or 'transparent' answer why this is happening from us (because we don't know).

We can just help you try to get this storage back, and the backup/reset/restore procedure is what we would likely wind up telling you to do.

If you are unable to back up to iCloud, you could try backing up to a computer.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Ongoing trouble with "Other" Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.