Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear “other data”?

I have an iPhone X 64GB.

Maybe 15% of my storage is in apps/photos/other personal content.

Every now and again, the phone complains it has no space.

Every time, including just a couple of months ago, the culprit is mostly podcasts that download themselves for whatever reason and store themselves on the phone.

Every single time, I can clear up 75+% of space by mostly deleting podcasts.

This time recently, that didn’t work. I deleted the podcasts. But the phone is still saying I’m at my storage limit. There is a new category of files that is causing the issue. “Other Data is taking up 46/64 GB”. How is it that after 3 years of use, I’ve never had this “other data” be an issue before. I could clear 75% of space just 2 months ago, and now I can’t clear enough space because of “other data”.

Even worse, there is no option to manage the other data. I can’t find a good resource online to fix this and Apple support ignored me on iMessage after a brief introductory chat.

Anyone know how to fix it without me doing a hard reset? (If that were to even fix it?)

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 3:22 PM

They could get stuck in limbo... Can you check Settings > General > Storage for iCloud Photo Library stuck at 1%? If it's not that, better just make an encrypted iTunes backup > factory reset > restore the backup.

Similar questions

4 replies

How to clear “other data”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.