Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't add a gmail account why is it so?

i can't add gmail account on my macbook is there any way to do it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 3:48 AM

I assume you mean that its won't go in by selecting Google in the account type. Have you gone into the Settings/Forwarding & POP/IMAP in Google webmail and made sure that either POP or IMAP are enabled? Have you tried choosing 'Other' as an option in account type when adding the account in Mail then inputting the servers manually?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 3:48 AM in response to Emilthesoundman

I assume you mean that its won't go in by selecting Google in the account type. Have you gone into the Settings/Forwarding & POP/IMAP in Google webmail and made sure that either POP or IMAP are enabled? Have you tried choosing 'Other' as an option in account type when adding the account in Mail then inputting the servers manually?

Aug 19, 2020 3:31 PM in response to Emilthesoundman

Have you enabled two factor authentication? If not then you need to allow access for less secure Apps, see https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en Personally I would recommend the 2FA route. I use the option for a one time password in 1Password myself although you need to add a mobile phone number first before you can get to the option of using an authenticator App. It might sound a bit scary and a little daunting if you haven't done it before but actually it's quite easy to do.

i can't add a gmail account why is it so?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.