You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 robotic voice

I have an iPhone 11 and keep getting complaints that I sound like a robot. I replaced my first one after getting complaints and it is been happening with my new one as well. I have tested the mics and they all work. It happens with different people and in different locations using the speaker, earbuds, etc.

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 9:35 AM

Hi T2131,

We understand you are experiencing an issue with audio quality during phone calls.

Can we ask, does the issue occur on phone calls or FaceTime calls, or both?

We would recommend ensuring your software is up to date. You can learn how to do so here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Additionally, ensure your carrier settings are also updated. You can learn how to do so here: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad.

If the issue persists, we would recommend you Reset Network Settings. You can learn how to do so here: Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

If the issue persists further, we would recommend ensuring you have a backup of your data (How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch), then Restore your iPhone. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

Once complete, Setup As a New Device (do not restore your backup).

If the issue is resolved, go ahead and restore your backup. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

If the issue recurs once your backup is restored, there may be an issue with your user data, in which case we would recommend you sync your content to a service such as iCloud, then erase your device and Setup As a New Device - all synced data will return, though you will need to re-download your apps and adjust your user settings to your preference.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2020 9:35 AM in response to T2131

Hi T2131,

We understand you are experiencing an issue with audio quality during phone calls.

Can we ask, does the issue occur on phone calls or FaceTime calls, or both?

We would recommend ensuring your software is up to date. You can learn how to do so here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Additionally, ensure your carrier settings are also updated. You can learn how to do so here: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad.

If the issue persists, we would recommend you Reset Network Settings. You can learn how to do so here: Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

If the issue persists further, we would recommend ensuring you have a backup of your data (How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch), then Restore your iPhone. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

Once complete, Setup As a New Device (do not restore your backup).

If the issue is resolved, go ahead and restore your backup. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

If the issue recurs once your backup is restored, there may be an issue with your user data, in which case we would recommend you sync your content to a service such as iCloud, then erase your device and Setup As a New Device - all synced data will return, though you will need to re-download your apps and adjust your user settings to your preference.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

iPhone 11 robotic voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.