You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 12 robotic voice during calls

The voice of the person I am speaking to comes changes in and out of a metallic-robot voice.

Their voice sounds normal, but for 5-10 seconds, approximately, at a time, their voice goes “robotic”.

Having only had this phone for two days, this problem has occurred on almost every call so far.

Calls have been both inside my home and elsewhere (so this doesn’t feel like a location-based issue)?

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 7:26 AM

I had more information to try but I’m blocked from trying to help as I mentioned my phone has unreleased software and it’s not relevant to your issue however my wife’s phone has standard released 14.4.2 software and has the problem but because mine is higher than 14.4.2 the post was deleted. Go figure. Not sure if it was a real person or a bot that spotted it and trashed it. Surely a real person would have spotted that I was trying to help you and possibly others temporarily fix the problem and leave the post stand?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2021 7:26 AM in response to ablig

I had more information to try but I’m blocked from trying to help as I mentioned my phone has unreleased software and it’s not relevant to your issue however my wife’s phone has standard released 14.4.2 software and has the problem but because mine is higher than 14.4.2 the post was deleted. Go figure. Not sure if it was a real person or a bot that spotted it and trashed it. Surely a real person would have spotted that I was trying to help you and possibly others temporarily fix the problem and leave the post stand?

IPhone 12 robotic voice during calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.