Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some music playlists duplicated as audiobook playlists

Hi,

Some of my hundreds of music playlists on iTunes have been replicated as empty audiobook playlists. If I try and delete the audiobook playlist in iTunes it deletes the music playlist as well. If I try and remove the playlist by unticking the playlist from my iPhone's music list and then syncing it removes them files. However on my iPhone (new iPhone SE2) the playlist remains as a music playlist but with the songs greyed out and unplayable. IF I sync my playlist again my PC thinks that I've deleted the contents of the playlist and removes them from iTunes on my PC. None of these syncing problems occur with the iTunes music playlists that aren't duplicared as iTunes audiobook playlists.

So can anyone suggest:

a) a way or removing the playlist in audiobooks on my PC's iTunes without also deleting the playlist in music on my PC's iTunes

b) a way of removing the ghostly (audiobook?) playlists from my iPhone so I can resync everything with a clean slate (I'm not keen to do a fatory reset as I need to make sure all my photos are in iCloud beforehand).

Thanks!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:18 AM

Ah. Don't sync empty playlists or empty playlist folders. An empty list has no context to determine whether it is a music playlist, a podcasts playlist, an audiobook playlist, or a mixed playlist. Context comes from the objects the list contains.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 15, 2020 7:23 AM in response to turingtest2

I fear I’ve not explained the situation very well so I’ll give a specific example.

In the Music drop down in the sidebar I have a playlist folder for Fire from the Gods. Inside that folder is one music playlist. When it is empty that playlist and folder also shows up in Audiobooks as an empty audiobook playlist. That playlist then persists on my iPhone if I remove the music files from my phone by unticking the playlist in the sync area and syncing my phone. Resyncing after removing the audio files then clears my music playlist in my iTunes on my PC. When the playlist is full it doesn’t show as an audiobook folder. If I delete the empty folder in Audiobooks in iTunes it deletes the folder in Music.

Some music playlists duplicated as audiobook playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.