Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist on iphone is missing

I have a number of playlists on Apple Music on my Mac. On both the Mac and the iPhone, I am logged in with the same Apple ID. Naturally, on the ipHone, i have "Sync Library" switched on in Settings/Music.

Problem is, on the iPhone, I can see most of my playlists, but NOT 2 (out of 46) playlists.

Unfortunately, those 2 playlists contain the bulk of my songs (around 10,000).

Those are also playlists where I don't get the option to "Publish on my profile and in search"; all other playlist show that check box.

I suspect it is one (or more) of the files in those playlists that prevent it from sync'ing.

But I can't find them. when I look at the cloud status, all songs in my library seem to show a good status (either "Apple Music", or "Uploaded", or "Matched").

I have also created a new playlist, and moved the files of the troublesome playlist into the new one, to no avail.

Of course, I have also googled a lot. The problem seems to be relatively wide-spread, but none of the proposed solutions worked for me.

Any ideas what I can do?

Best regards, Gabriel

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 10:29 AM

I think I have found the problem. The culprits were a few digital booklets that were contained in the playlist.

I have removed them from the playlist, and now it shows up correctly on the iPhone.

I think, those digital booklets were part of some of the CD's that i bought several years ago in the iTunes music store.

I think, the music app should gracefully ignore them, or make the user aware of them that they prevent syncing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 10:29 AM in response to Stevi_S

I think I have found the problem. The culprits were a few digital booklets that were contained in the playlist.

I have removed them from the playlist, and now it shows up correctly on the iPhone.

I think, those digital booklets were part of some of the CD's that i bought several years ago in the iTunes music store.

I think, the music app should gracefully ignore them, or make the user aware of them that they prevent syncing.

Aug 2, 2021 9:26 AM in response to GabrielZ

Hi GabrielZ,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are running into an issue with a couple of playlists. We're happy to provide some information to help.

You have certainly already taken some great steps to resolve this, so awesome job there. We want to make sure nothing is missed so recommend checking out the steps for missing music here: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

If those steps don't help, reach out for further assistance here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks

Playlist on iphone is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.