Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted playlists in Music show up in sync window

There was an earlier thread that never got a final answer.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251032238

I can add that it appears the old playlist names, but no contents, are coming from the current Music Library. After deleting all my old music libraries, the playlist names still appear in the sync window. When I select them to sync, no music moves to my iPhone. When I create a new music library, with nothing in it, no song or playlist choices appear in the sync window.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 11:21 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 16, 2021 7:59 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your interest. This is not a huge problem, just annoying and curious. Below are screen shots of 3 smart playlists in Music & what appears in the sync box. Same issue in safe mode. Can't seem to kill the older, uncapitalized playlists. I suppose I could create a new music library and import all my music files again, but if I do that I probably lose some info like ratings.

Deleted playlists in Music show up in sync window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.