Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app: Deleted playlist in music showing up in sync window

After updating to macOS 10.15 and migrating from iTunes to Music, playlist folders from a previous music library are showing up in the sync window (under the Music tab) when I sync my iPhone.

I've tried deleting cache files related to the Music app and restarting my computer, but a number of old playlist still show up in the sync window.

Any suggestions how to get rid of them?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 12:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 14, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Didier Ti

Hello Didier Ti,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that after upgrading your Mac to macOS Catalina, you're seeing deleted playlists still appear in the sync window when trying to sync music to your iPhone. You've come to the right place for help.

I'd like to start by clarifying; are these playlists appearing under the window that shows music already on the iPhone - Connect your device to your Mac to sync Music content, or does it appear under the list of playlists you can select to sync to the iPhone - Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad?

If the playlists are showing in the media library on your Mac, and not as music that's already on your iPhone, I'd like to have you test if the same thing happens when you open a new iTunes library for the Music app:

Switch libraries with the Music app or Apple TV app in macOS Catalina

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Music app: Deleted playlist in music showing up in sync window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.