Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music mp3s I add to playlists, do not sync to my iPad or iPhone. The files are there, just not in the playlists. It

Music/mp3s I add to playlists, do not sync to my iPad or iPhone. The files are there, just not in the playlists. It just started, possibly after the Monterey update. Very frustrating. I can find the files on the iPad, but they don't appear in the playlist they were assigned. If I find them on the iPad, move them to the specific play list, then it stays in place, but it also alters the playlist on my Mac. Very confusing and inconvenient. Makes me go through multiple extra steps. I use the play lists with my band.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 11:04 AM

Hi cmachen, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that the music that you add to your playlist on your Mac doesn't sync with your iPad.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Do you have an Apple Music subscription or an iTunes Match subscription?

If yes, enabling Sync Library may help with these issues.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If no, we recommend that you ensure that the sync is set up correctly.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 11:04 AM in response to cmachen

Hi cmachen, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that the music that you add to your playlist on your Mac doesn't sync with your iPad.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Do you have an Apple Music subscription or an iTunes Match subscription?

If yes, enabling Sync Library may help with these issues.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If no, we recommend that you ensure that the sync is set up correctly.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Take care!

music mp3s I add to playlists, do not sync to my iPad or iPhone. The files are there, just not in the playlists. It

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.