Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist woes

First I know I created this problem myself, so please no kind souls defending Apple, I love Apple products and own a lot of them.

I spent many hours creating large playlists to listen to while I create stuff on my MAC.

They are a combination of Apple Music, and songs from my own libraries that I couldn't find on Apple Music.

While creating video content in FCP using Epidemic Sound I made the mistake of double clicking music tracks on my hard drive to preview them (instead of pressing space bar). After months of doing this, my Music library became enormous, and was taking too much space.

So I foolishly deleted the files on my local.

And you guessed it, my playlists contain pointers to those songs.

Is there any easy way to tell Apple Music to please re-sync my playlists, and if it can't find a song just delete it from the playlist?

What happens now is I'm happily listening to my music and it stops, I get a modal dialog "The song can't be found do you want to locate it" well sure, yes I do, maybe later but not right now please...

Or can I view my playlist and see what songs aren't able to be found? Then I could either delete them or find the tracks again one by one.

I don't have enough disk space to point Apple Music to my private music library...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:29 AM

You could try https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=mxlistmias. After running the script lost tracks should show with an exclamation mark. If you select these, right-click, and use Remove Download you should find the track can now stream or download from the cloud.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

Playlist woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.