Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locating a playlist in the Apple Music app, desktop version

Finding a playlist is fairly easy, put some part of the music: song, album or artist and the playlist, along with other hits pops up in there main window. The problem is locating that playlist, where is it?

I have about 8 or 10 thousand songs, hundreds and hundreds of albums and many hundreds of playlists. For organization reasons I play all of my music through playlists. I have 5 big genre folders and then a number of folders inside each that are alphabetically arranged by composer/performer.

The problem with the current search is that it does not tell you where a playlist is located.

I accidentally placed a playlist in the wrong folder and now I cannot locate it.

Thanks

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:48 PM

If you know one of the songs that is in the list locate it in the Songs view, right/ctrl-click and then click Show in Playlist that should give you a hint showing which folder it is in.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Locating a playlist in the Apple Music app, desktop version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.