Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting playlist folders in iOS Music

How do I delete playlist folders from iOS Music? My music app has gotten corrupted and has duplicated all the playlist folders that I created myself, literally hundreds of folders and playlists. Long press on the folder does nothing. Slide the folder icon does nothing. Nothing in the three dots "..." drop down. There has got to be a way to do this in iOS.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 8:18 AM

Hi Currie,

It sounds like you have duplicate playlists. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Follow the steps in the section, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for the Mail App. 

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know if you Restart your iPhone, does the issue remain? A restart is a great step when experiencing behaviors like this. 

Also, it sounds like you are doing it correctly, but just to be sure check out the section "Delete a playlist" in Create playlists on iPhone

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know what iOS version you're running and what steps you've tried from the above resources. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Currie

Hi Currie,

It sounds like you have duplicate playlists. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Follow the steps in the section, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for the Mail App. 

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know if you Restart your iPhone, does the issue remain? A restart is a great step when experiencing behaviors like this. 

Also, it sounds like you are doing it correctly, but just to be sure check out the section "Delete a playlist" in Create playlists on iPhone

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know what iOS version you're running and what steps you've tried from the above resources. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Apr 21, 2021 8:48 AM in response to MoonJ.

My main problem is how to delete duplicate playlist folders in iOS Music app. I have multiple copies of playlist folders in Music, the original of which I have created over the years. These duplicate folders are mostly empty with no playlists inside. There seems to be no obvious way to delete the folders. I am running the latest version of the iOS operating system 14.4.2.

Deleting playlist folders in iOS Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.