Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 'sync music' check box & all music still not transferred to my iPhone even after the ICloud library applied and no way to tell me how to add the rest.

I connect my iPhone to my laptop via USB, the device appears in my iTunes, I click on it, then click on the music settings tab, but there's no 'sync music' box on that screen. At the top of the menu is a message informing me "iCloud Music Library is On" and that's about it. I've included a screen grab at the bottom of this post.

In past editions of iTunes, the said missing 'sync music' feature has allowed me to sync particular playlists to my phone, as opposed to my entire music library. And its omission seems especially odd because there are 'sync movies', 'sync podcasts', etc options when I click on those respective tabs. Is it a glitch in my iTunes or is there a specific step I have to follow to have access to this option? Thanks.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:58 AM

If you have iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match then typically you would use that to sync music to your devices rather than syncing directly. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You need to ensure that all of your music is marked as Matched or Uploaded and resolve any other issues with content that might be Waiting, Error, etc. File > Library > Update Cloud Library might help you out.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 9:58 AM in response to sherquera

If you have iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match then typically you would use that to sync music to your devices rather than syncing directly. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You need to ensure that all of your music is marked as Matched or Uploaded and resolve any other issues with content that might be Waiting, Error, etc. File > Library > Update Cloud Library might help you out.

tt2

No 'sync music' check box & all music still not transferred to my iPhone even after the ICloud library applied and no way to tell me how to add the rest.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.