Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't change music sync settings in iTunes

when I import songs to iTunes on my mac and delete or add playlists on my mac they do not sync to my iPhone.: the songs are not there and the old playlists haven't changed. To check my sync settings I click on the phone icon in iTunes and on "music," but instead of a menu that lets me choose what to sync as I I'm told to expect (see first image) I simply get "iCloud music library is turned on" (even though I unchecked that in preferences). What am I doing wrong? How the image I get simply says: "iCloud Music Library is turned on." (even though I unchecked that box in preferences). What am I doing wrong? How do I get the phone and mac to show the same playlists and the same music? My mac is using Mojave 10.14.6 and my phone (a 6S) is using iOS13.5.1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 10:42 AM

Hi gregg98,

We understand you are unable to sync music from your computer to iPhone and are receiving an error that iCloud Music Library is enabled.

On your Mac, go to: iTunes > Preferences > General > iCloud Music Library > Disable.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Music > Sync Library > Disable.

Once both devices are not using iCloud Music Library/Sync Library, you should be able to sync iPhone with iTunes on Mac.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 10:42 AM in response to gregg98

Hi gregg98,

We understand you are unable to sync music from your computer to iPhone and are receiving an error that iCloud Music Library is enabled.

On your Mac, go to: iTunes > Preferences > General > iCloud Music Library > Disable.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Music > Sync Library > Disable.

Once both devices are not using iCloud Music Library/Sync Library, you should be able to sync iPhone with iTunes on Mac.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

can't change music sync settings in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.