Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no music sync option in itunes

I havent been doing this for a long time, I dont have an option to sync music from my pc (stuff not available in apple music) to my iphone. I tried marking "sync icloud library"and UNmarking it also, checked setting on both devices, I somehow managed to see new music on my phone, but then it says its not synced (what?). The only answer I found is that you cant sync music to internal phone storage when you're subscribed to apple music, but I cant use my icloud library either.

Why is it so complicated? For 10 years it only took me 2 buttons, now i have to figure out if i may sync it via wifi or usb, or if i have library checked on both computer and phome and basically dance around with a tambourine and weep.

Posted on May 17, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 10:17 AM

The way it is supposed to work when you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match is that you enable iCloud Music Library AKA Sync Library in your library and your device. That way any new music you add to the library automatically becomes available on the device without you needing to sync with a cable. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support and check for songs that are waiting, ineligible, error, etc. Everything marked as matched or uploaded should be on your device where it can either be streamed or downloaded for offline use.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 10:17 AM in response to Honey Violence

The way it is supposed to work when you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match is that you enable iCloud Music Library AKA Sync Library in your library and your device. That way any new music you add to the library automatically becomes available on the device without you needing to sync with a cable. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support and check for songs that are waiting, ineligible, error, etc. Everything marked as matched or uploaded should be on your device where it can either be streamed or downloaded for offline use.

tt2

no music sync option in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.