Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stops charging wirelessly at 80%

Hi guys,

I got problem with wireless charger which is charging my iPhone just to 80% (+/- 3%) even I leave the phone at charger whole night. After that the iPhone is sometimes hotter, sometimes not. Some advice ? Thanks a lot.

iPhone: XS

Charger: Belkin Boost Up Bold Qi Wireless Charging Pad

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 5:18 AM

markochk ~ "With iOS 13 and later, Optimized Battery Charging is designed to reduce the wear on your battery and improve its lifespan by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations." ...From this Apple Support Article:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

...You can find Apple Support Articles such as the above by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 5:18 AM in response to markochk

markochk ~ "With iOS 13 and later, Optimized Battery Charging is designed to reduce the wear on your battery and improve its lifespan by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations." ...From this Apple Support Article:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

...You can find Apple Support Articles such as the above by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

iPhone stops charging wirelessly at 80%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.