Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.15.6 update broke Thunderbolt USB 2.0 hub

I have a 2020 13" MBP running Catalina 10.15.6. I have a Thunderbolt Display that I've used for years with my old MBP in clamshell mode, with an optical USB mouse and a receiver for a Logitech wireless keyboard plugged into the USB hub in the Thunderbolt display. I have also used it with Catalina 10.15.5 without this issue.

After I updated to 10.15.6, the laptop no longer recognizes the TB Display's USB 2.0 hub if I plug in the display (via Apple TB-to-USB-C adapter) after the laptop has been booted. It only recognizes the hub if the display is plugged in when the system starts up. If I connect to the display post-boot, the system recognizes the display and that works, but not the HIDs plugged into it. I have to use the laptop keyboard and touchpad.

Bottom line, I have to restart every time I "dock" with the display in order to use the mouse and keyboard plugged into the display. This is annoying, to say the least, especially when it (mostly, see below) worked fine before the update.

The TB Display firmware version is 26.2, Port Micro Firmware version is 2.0.7.

PS. I was also (before the update) experiencing audio issues somewhat similar to those described here, which is why I need to unplug from the display to record audio.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 5:39 PM

You have reached the Apple User-to-User Support Communities. Most readers here are other users like you. This is a great place to talk about issues and brainstorm some possible solutions. But it does NOT connect you with Apple Inc, and there is no follow up from here.

You need to contact Apple:.

Contact Apple Support

Need service or support? Start your request online and we’ll find you a solution.

More Ways to Get Help:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 5:39 PM in response to grrryetanotheracctname

You have reached the Apple User-to-User Support Communities. Most readers here are other users like you. This is a great place to talk about issues and brainstorm some possible solutions. But it does NOT connect you with Apple Inc, and there is no follow up from here.

You need to contact Apple:.

Contact Apple Support

Need service or support? Start your request online and we’ll find you a solution.

More Ways to Get Help:

10.15.6 update broke Thunderbolt USB 2.0 hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.