Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Ringtone

The response to the question "How do I remove a ringtone from my iPhone SE 2020" is wrong. It references an article about changing a ringtone, not removing one.

I suspect, but do not know, that to remove ringtones one must completely reset the iPhone.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 11:36 AM

Actually, if you have installed a ringtone, you can remove it by selecting "Reset all settings". The you have to set your phone up again. This is tedious. But, it works, I have done it. This is not speculation.

4 replies

Aug 16, 2020 3:07 PM in response to Charles Mckenna1

Hello there Charles Mckenna1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you are inquiring about removing a ringtone. We are more than happy to help you out with this.

Currently, there is no way to remove a ringtone that comes preinstalled with the iOS. You Ould need to change the ringtone to the desired one by following the steps in the article below:

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you believe this would be a beneficial feature, do not hesitate to leave product feedback. You can do so below:

Product Feedback

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

Aug 17, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Charles Mckenna1

Hello Charles Mckenna1,

Sorry to hear the above troubleshooting did not resolve your issue.

If you have purchased the ringtone it will remain in the ringtone settings on your iPhone. Currently, there is no way to remove purchased ringtones from that location. If you believe this would be a beneficial feature of iOS, do not hesitate to leave product feedback. You may do so below:

Product Feedback

Best!

Remove Ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.