Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share data space between iPhone and iPad? My iPad says full but in settings it says 59 of 200 used.

Can I share data space between iPhone and iPad? My iPad says full but says 59% of 200% used.

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:47 AM

If you are looking at iCloud storage, it means you are paying for the 200 GB plan for iCloud Storage. That has nothing to do with the physical storage on your iPad at all. Physical storage is fixed on iPhone and iPad and cannot be increased, no matter how much iCloud storage you pay for. iCloud storage is really a syncing service. I'm assuming you have the same Apple ID on both iPad and iPhone, which means you already sharing the syncing service with both devices.

If your iPad is running out of space, you need to delete things you don't need or use, such as Apps, Photos, Email, Texts, Music, Files etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Sethgage

If you are looking at iCloud storage, it means you are paying for the 200 GB plan for iCloud Storage. That has nothing to do with the physical storage on your iPad at all. Physical storage is fixed on iPhone and iPad and cannot be increased, no matter how much iCloud storage you pay for. iCloud storage is really a syncing service. I'm assuming you have the same Apple ID on both iPad and iPhone, which means you already sharing the syncing service with both devices.

If your iPad is running out of space, you need to delete things you don't need or use, such as Apps, Photos, Email, Texts, Music, Files etc.

Can I share data space between iPhone and iPad? My iPad says full but in settings it says 59 of 200 used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.