Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac mid 2011 Internal Hard Drive erase error

So i have IMac mid 2011 version. At one day it stopped booting up at all, so i decided to erase all the data on the internal Hard Drive. But at first i needed to save all the data. I connected it with usb to sata cable to my windows pc and saved my documents, photos etc. Then i connected hard drive to my IMac again, but it didn't even loaded Recovery Mode. So i installed MacOS High Sierra on my USB flash drive, then i booted up it to erase all the data on the hard drive. But it's get me an error in the Disk Utility window. Even through the terminal. It says: "Error: -69808: Some information was unavailable during an internal lookup."

I can't even load to Internet Recovery Mode. It gets me an error too. I can't reinstall MacOS through the Disk Utility, because it doesn't show my internal hard drive there. I tried a lot of different things, but nothing helped me. First aid shows that everything's fine with the hard drive. It shows internal hard drive in the Disk Utility, but it says that it's not initialized.

Also sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.

Hope for your help.

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 10:55 AM

Visit your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider they will help you.

Similar questions

2 replies

IMac mid 2011 Internal Hard Drive erase error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.