Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I password protect iCloud Drive?

I use iCloud Drive to save information as my back-up drive.  My fear is should my phone be accessed or my computer, iCloud Drive can be accessed and and more personal information could be attained since there is no additional password lock. You can lock notes, documents in numbers, pages, etc., so why can't we add a password lock to access our iCloud Drive?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Gumbee65 wrote:

I use iCloud Drive to save information as my back-up drive.  My fear is should my phone be accessed or my computer, iCloud Drive can be accessed and and more personal information could be attained since there is no additional password lock. You can lock notes, documents in numbers, pages, etc., so why can't we add a password lock to access our iCloud Drive?

iCloud Drive is already password protected. Your Apple ID and password are needed to access iCloud Drive.

Lock the devices used to access iCloud Drive wth a strong passcodes/passwords. Don't share your devices.

Full secured control of your data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 2:51 PM in response to Gumbee65

Gumbee65 wrote:

iCloud Drive is already password protected. Your Apple ID and password are needed to access iCloud Drive.

Lock the devices used to access iCloud Drive wth a strong passcodes/passwords. Don't share your devices.

Full secured control of your data.

Can I password protect iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.