Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Acting Strange?

My phone's been acting strange for about a week or so at this point - it'll sometimes crash apps whenever I try to open them, including the Settings app itself. It also disabled access to my photos on two separate apps, removing the ability to enable this option again - the option is removed from the settings in both of the apps in question, and I haven't found any other ways to resolve this that haven't crashed as soon as I tried. I'm unable to update it to the newest update as well, as it says that my storage is nearly full, though I've offloaded nearly all of my apps in addition to clearing my cache/uploading photos to iCloud/deleting messages/etc. Most of this storage comes from the "other storage" category, though nothing I've tried seems to actually remove any of it (it's around 14 GB). Are these problems all connected, and is there a way to fix any of them? Thanks in advance!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:10 PM

Somehow you need to get 13.6.1 installed as it is supposed to deal with 'other' storage issues..

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Otherwise your option would be..

You can use the Contact Support link in the upper right of your screen so that Apple can troubleshoot 'Other' storage issues on your device.

Get Support

OR you can do the following:

Backup/Reset/Restore your device, review these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 8:10 PM in response to moogle818

Somehow you need to get 13.6.1 installed as it is supposed to deal with 'other' storage issues..

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Otherwise your option would be..

You can use the Contact Support link in the upper right of your screen so that Apple can troubleshoot 'Other' storage issues on your device.

Get Support

OR you can do the following:

Backup/Reset/Restore your device, review these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPhone Acting Strange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.