Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looping an imported song for practice

I’m having real difficulty with the looping style of songwriting. It makes searching difficult because I think of loops as a verb not a noun.

so there must be a way to simply isolate a section of an imported song which is the demo track to practice the parts. This is what studios do! back when I was using a Mac with logic and garage band it was simple you just highlighted at the top of the bar the sections that you wanted to repeat. Maybe it works with iOS I just can’t figure it out .... Can somebody throw me a bone?

btw as for searching here , including posts in the search that are 10 years old is absolutely ridiculous.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 1:08 PM

Yes I think it’s very sad what’s been done by not including the cycle section with iOS. Manny Manny successful songwriters record an audio track with just guitar and voice then build the song around it.

...you don’t need a metronome ...you don’t need eight bar loops.

cookie cutters song writing is OK but.... In the olden days believe it or not… Music did things like have pauses, breaths, retards and accelerations

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 1:08 PM in response to iMacarroni

Yes I think it’s very sad what’s been done by not including the cycle section with iOS. Manny Manny successful songwriters record an audio track with just guitar and voice then build the song around it.

...you don’t need a metronome ...you don’t need eight bar loops.

cookie cutters song writing is OK but.... In the olden days believe it or not… Music did things like have pauses, breaths, retards and accelerations

Aug 16, 2020 12:10 AM in response to b0bsax

You can still loop any of the loops from the loop library, audio regions, software instrument regions. Grab the right border of the region in the upper right corner and drag to the right. The cursor should turn into a circled arrow. What happens, when you try to loops region or a loop from the Loop Library?

What kind of track are you working with? It needs to be an audio track or a software instrument track.

Aug 16, 2020 10:44 AM in response to léonie

Hard for me to fathom why this is a difficult question.… I’m working with one audio file. Probably MP3 I don’t know MP4 whatever I got in the email. If you’ve worked with logic you know you can click and drag up in the bar numbers to set the length of your song. They call this a bounce. I am pretty sure I have done this to loop a section also.

looping an imported song for practice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.