Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can barely hear incoming calls although they can hear me. There are no other issues with sound. I can Hear voice memos as well. Any ideas?

i can’t even take calls on my phone because I can barely hear. No problem with speaker tho, or air pods (which I’ve disconnected thinking that was a problem.) any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 8:02 AM

If you have distorted Sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad

If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

3 replies

Aug 17, 2020 5:38 AM in response to Julg1

A large number of users are reporting difficulty hearing, especially when on phone calls. This happens on many different iPhone models. I believe I've tried all of the suggestions that have been made in this forum. I have to use the speaker to hear phone conversations. I have reported this issue on the Apple feedback page. Please help by reporting the problem there. Apple does not monitor this forum.

iPhone 8 / iOS v13.6.1

I can barely hear incoming calls although they can hear me. There are no other issues with sound. I can Hear voice memos as well. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.