Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data recovery

Hello, I was backing up my phone because I had full storage and then everything was crashing. I restarted my phone and then it got stuck on the Apple logo and wouldn't turn on even with the reboot. I connected it to iTunes and chose the "update" option but it failed (error 14) on the last step because as I said I have full storage and no memory on my phone. Now it is on the connect to iTunes logo on the phone screen.

Does this mean I lost 3 years worth of pictures ?? Is there no way I can free up space or do smth so I can turn my phone on? Please and thank you

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:00 AM

I assume that you saw this as well. If not, take a look.

iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If you can’t force your phone into recovery mode, which will erase the device and all of the data, you probably need to contact Apple for help.

Recovery Mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 10:00 AM in response to Jozed

I assume that you saw this as well. If not, take a look.

iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If you can’t force your phone into recovery mode, which will erase the device and all of the data, you probably need to contact Apple for help.

Recovery Mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Data recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.