Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple maps gps pointer arrow wrong direction

Hello! my apple maps pointer arrow is tilted slightly to the right which is inaccurate, i tried to turn location services on and off, that didnt fix it, tried the compass calibration thing, still didnt fix it, it should he straight, but it isnt, any help?

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:15 PM

Try Compass mode

By default, the little blue dot signifying your location has a little blue arrow showing the direction your iPhone is facing.

Regular map mode shows the direction you’re facing, but compass mode rotates the map around you.

Tap the location arrow once to center the map on yourself, then again to enter a Compass mode that rotates the map to the direction you’re facing. A small blue wedge in front of your location dot will show how confident your iPhone is in its direction—a wider wedge means less certain, a narrower wedge means more certain.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3397037/apple-maps-tips-and-tricks.html

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 1:15 PM in response to yepikaiye

Try Compass mode

By default, the little blue dot signifying your location has a little blue arrow showing the direction your iPhone is facing.

Regular map mode shows the direction you’re facing, but compass mode rotates the map around you.

Tap the location arrow once to center the map on yourself, then again to enter a Compass mode that rotates the map to the direction you’re facing. A small blue wedge in front of your location dot will show how confident your iPhone is in its direction—a wider wedge means less certain, a narrower wedge means more certain.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3397037/apple-maps-tips-and-tricks.html

Aug 17, 2020 12:53 PM in response to yepikaiye

I apologize. I made an incorrect suggestion.

Rotating the iPhone is insufficient, because the map rotates along with the iPhone. What really needs to change is the iPhone’s perception of your orientation.

You should perform the rotation so, for example, instead of facing northeast, you now face southwest. Take the iPhone with you as you do this rotation and hold it in a normal position in front of you.

Don’t rotate only the iPhone. Rotate your body while holding the iPhone.

Apple maps gps pointer arrow wrong direction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.