Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim card

Im in croatia and i have an old iphone i bought in united states. i was using another device here in croatia and i want to put the sim card to the iphone. but when i put the sim card inside the device tell me this: the sim card you currently have installed in this iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issuenwith the iphone. please insert another sim cardfrom a supported service provider or requiest that this iphone be unlucked by your service provider.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 3:57 AM

Your device is locked to a US carrier and you can only use their sim.

Ask the carrier to remove their lock.

1 reply

Sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.