You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to remove "iMovie" from trailer credits template?

I want to make a trailer using iMovie for a film I am making in Final Cut Pro.

Unfortunately on the credits template there are 2 references to iMovie.

Is there a quick and easy way to edit them out and replace them with "Final Cut Pro"?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 8:57 AM

Hi, Ian,

I know of no easy way in iMovie to edit out the text in a Trailer credit page. I used PiP and was able to do it with a transparency screen created in the Preview app. First, I took a screen shot of the credits page and opened it in the preview app to black out the words iMovie. Then I imported the credits page screen shot back into the iMovie trailer project. Then in iMovie I typed FINAL CUT PRO on a black background using the Futura Condensed Medium font at size 115. Then I took a screen shot of the title only. On my desk top I made a duplicate of the title screen shot. I opened the duplicate in the Preview app and did a File/Select All, File/Delete. That left me with a transparency screen. I then opened the original title screen shot in Preview and selected the title text. I copied (File/Copy) the title text and File/Pasted it into the transparency screen that I created. Save. Import into the iMovie trailer project movie and overlay it onto the credit screen in the first place where the words iMovie were blacked out. Take a screen shot and import it back in. Then PiP the Final Cut Pro words in the second spot where the words iMovie were. As I said, it's a little complicated. Here's what I got:

Another way was to use a photo editor to create the Final Cut Pro insert, and I got this, that I then imported into iMovie.

You might be better off just using Final Cut Pro to do the work.

Good luck with this. If you have time, post back with your procedure and results.

Best,

Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2020 8:57 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Hi, Ian,

I know of no easy way in iMovie to edit out the text in a Trailer credit page. I used PiP and was able to do it with a transparency screen created in the Preview app. First, I took a screen shot of the credits page and opened it in the preview app to black out the words iMovie. Then I imported the credits page screen shot back into the iMovie trailer project. Then in iMovie I typed FINAL CUT PRO on a black background using the Futura Condensed Medium font at size 115. Then I took a screen shot of the title only. On my desk top I made a duplicate of the title screen shot. I opened the duplicate in the Preview app and did a File/Select All, File/Delete. That left me with a transparency screen. I then opened the original title screen shot in Preview and selected the title text. I copied (File/Copy) the title text and File/Pasted it into the transparency screen that I created. Save. Import into the iMovie trailer project movie and overlay it onto the credit screen in the first place where the words iMovie were blacked out. Take a screen shot and import it back in. Then PiP the Final Cut Pro words in the second spot where the words iMovie were. As I said, it's a little complicated. Here's what I got:

Another way was to use a photo editor to create the Final Cut Pro insert, and I got this, that I then imported into iMovie.

You might be better off just using Final Cut Pro to do the work.

Good luck with this. If you have time, post back with your procedure and results.

Best,

Rich

Aug 17, 2020 11:03 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks for all that effort, Rich.

I have given you a "Solved" because that is probably the best that can be done with iMovie alone.

As you surmised, the process in FCP X is a little quicker.

I took a screenshot of the credits page and imported it into FCP X where I added a couple of generators over the offending "iMovies", reducing them and moving them to fit.

Finally I printed FCP using Futura Condensed Regular that I had to download.

I have not got a film going at the moment. This was simply a proof of concept for anything I do in future.

Any way to remove "iMovie" from trailer credits template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.