Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have a refund for Fortnite?

I played Fortnite on my iPhone before but now Apple has banned Fortnite and I have alot of V bucks that I haven't spend yet and I wish to have a refund in exchange of buying other stuff from the App store or transfer the V bucks to my Nintendo Switch account, is there a way to solve this problem?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:06 PM

Anyone can ask Apple directly for a refund. A request doesn't mean that it will be granted.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 1:06 PM in response to meng42

Anyone can ask Apple directly for a refund. A request doesn't mean that it will be granted.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Sep 12, 2020 3:42 AM in response to Jamesd49

No he needs to speak to Apple, Apple are the ones that take money for purchases of apps and in game. They might then distribute that money to their developers.

if you buy a Samsung tv from tesco and it doesn’t work you’d take it back to tesco not Samsung. It Apple have taken money for things they then remove they should issue refunds or credits.

Sep 19, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Jamesd49

It’s not as simple as, the customers contract is with Apple they paid Apple not fortnite direct. That is law just like ebay which is why there’s buyer protection eBay are ultimately responsible as they take the payments which is why they refund you. If you buy faulty goods in shops you return to the shop not the manufacturer. That is uk and EU law, your contract is with whoever takes your payment it would be down to Apple to issue refunds and then for them to chase epic games for them refunds and if they won’t comply take them to court.

if you use another platform and paid epic games direct then yes you go to them but when you purchase from Apple, Apple are who you form the contract with as a consumer.

if you bought a Samsung Tv from curry’s and it didn’t work? Where would you return it and how ****** off would you be if curry’s said we don’t care find a Samsung warehouse and take it there but thanks for the money.

You might be right if you’re not based inside the EU but the EU law and consumer rights act is very clear that Apple are responsible for ensuring any goods and services sold on their platform that they take money for are their responsibility when sold inside the EU. They don’t claim to be just a broker acting as a middleman just connecting customers, they control the payment system they pass it onto these companies who use it, you don’t pay any of these gaming companies direct you pay Apple.

As much as Apple would like to pass the buck and wash their hands and let you believe they are not responsible they are. They just don’t like how complex the issue is but that doesn’t absorb them of legal responsibility so it’s not as simple as that because you are wrong which is why fortnite are advertising to go to Apple for refunds if you bought through Apple and only use Apple.

How can I have a refund for Fortnite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.