Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the owner of the Family Sharing

Hello. I'm having an Issue with my family sharing. I'm part of a family as a guardian, not as an organizer. I want to be able to have purchases with my own credit/debit card, but It won't let me do it, because only the organizer can. So, I wandered, if my family sharing is dissolved completely, and I decide to start a new family with the same members, but only having me as the new organizer/owner (having also my own credit/debit card in place), would we loose all of the content that we used to share? such as, the music libraries, iCloud storage, app purchases, etc.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 8:50 AM

You might have some minor losses as some subscriptions have to change, such as iCloud storage, but once the new family is formed, you should be able to share everything again.

Another option is for you to keep the current family, but have you pay for your own purchases is to buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to your account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 8:50 AM in response to joseignocando

You might have some minor losses as some subscriptions have to change, such as iCloud storage, but once the new family is formed, you should be able to share everything again.

Another option is for you to keep the current family, but have you pay for your own purchases is to buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to your account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Changing the owner of the Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.