Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro sending mail

I can not send message on my Macbook Pro using icloud or gmail. I can send messages but not send them out. The outgoing mail says that it is offline.

Please help

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:02 PM

Hi gucciroxy24,

From your post we see you are having some trouble with sending emails from both an iCloud and Gmail account on your MacBook Pro. Being able to keep in touch with everyone is super important and we're happy to offer some guidance. Start with using the steps in this article: If you can’t send email on your Mac

That should be a great place to start. Have a good day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 1:02 PM in response to gucciroxy24

Hi gucciroxy24,

From your post we see you are having some trouble with sending emails from both an iCloud and Gmail account on your MacBook Pro. Being able to keep in touch with everyone is super important and we're happy to offer some guidance. Start with using the steps in this article: If you can’t send email on your Mac

That should be a great place to start. Have a good day!

Aug 18, 2020 1:19 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you for responding. The article doesn’t help I can receive all of my emails using mail for both iCloud and gmail. The outgoing on both iCloud and gmail is offline on the MacBook Pro

The computer is connected to the internet. I can not send messages using the mail app for both iCloud and gmail.

I can send mail using my iPad and iPhone.

thank you

Macbook Pro sending mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.