Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing phone with car

My iPhone SE was working fine paired with my 2016 Volvo S60. The next day nada and I can’t get it to pair again. BT was on, phone has latest IOS. Anybody have a clue what is going on?

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:21 AM

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and choose your car.

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 1:21 AM in response to mommorow

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and choose your car.

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car ...

Aug 18, 2020 9:58 AM in response to mommorow

I have been having the same problem with my 2020-model iPhone SE and my 2015 Dodge Journey. The car has Bluetooth on the stereo, not CarPlay. My iPhone 6 was bulletproof with Bluetooth but about half the time, the iPhone SE refuses to connect to UConnect. I even had the Bluetooth connection drop mid-call recently. It's been extremely frustrating. I have a ticket open with Apple Support but they haven't been able to diagnose anything so far.

Pairing phone with car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.